Proposed PRSD School Budget 2012-13
Total Budget: $ 60,289,068
To be placed before voters on May 15th, 2012
Click HERE for details
ALL VOTERS VOTE AT PRHS PIRATE COVE
Polls Open 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Projected Tax Rate Increase: 2.97% for homeowners; .95% for non-homestead
- Includes continued savings generated by salary givebacks from the various labor units
- Continued use of reserves from retirement and certiori accounts
- Protects class sizes at the elementary level and in the core courses at the middle school and high school
- Maintains special education services
- Maintains athletics and co-curricular courses
- Increases some facility usage fees while keeping facilities available for community use
Proposition 2- Citizen-Initiated Petition to Change HS Busing Eligibility
• For students in grades 9-12 change the mileage requirement for bus service from 3 miles to 1.5 miles.
• For students in grade 8 change the mileage requirement for bus service from 2 miles to 1.5 miles.
• Total cost of proposition is not to exceed $220,000. The district will require three additional afternoon buses.
• This will return the bus lines to those limits in existence during the 2010-11 school year.
• Funding for this proposition will be determined after the vote, if passed by a majority vote, and could include the use of reserve funds (for 2012-13 only) and/or a reduction of other budgeted program areas. Future years would be funded in the operating budget and within the 2% tax levy cap.