Paying for School Meals
PRSD uses MySchoolBucks, a computerized Point of Sale (POS) system, for parents to pay for lunches in our cafeterias. Every student has a personal meal account based on their current student ID number. Parents may deposit money into their child’s account through the online payment system MySchoolBucks or by sending in cash/check with their child to school. Monies paid into the student account can only be used for the purchase of regular meals and other items available in the cafeteria. Children of families who opted out of this program can continue to use cash for their purchases. Please note that upon leaving the district, no refunds will be issued for accounts below $10.00.
Now that breakfast and lunch is no longer offered for free to all students, we would like to remind you about these two great MSB features:
1. ONEPAY Savings Pass – offers a one-time annual fee option to SAVE YOU MONEY!
What is OnePay?:
• Annual savings pass offers reduced program fees when using MySchoolBucks for meal and school payments.
• Allows user to pay program fees upfront from their checking accounts, with unlimited payments for 12 months.
• Offers the choice of two program fee payment packages:
Single Student for $12.95/year or the Family Plan for $26.95/year.
• The next time you log in, under "My User Profile" Click the "Update Membership" button and select the OnePay option suitable for your family (Single Student or Family)
• Once this is paid, you will not have to pay another program fee on electronic check payments made through MySchoolBucks for the next 12 months!
2. MySchoolBucks Mobile App
See the MySchoolBucks Mobile App at: https://www.youtube.com/
Enrollment is easy! If you are already using MySchoolBucks to pay for school meals, your account is already set-up and ready to go! Just log in and click on School Store. If you don’t have an account follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for an account.
2. Add your students using their school name and student ID.
3. Make purchases with your credit/debit card or electronic check.
If you have any questions, contact MySchoolBucks directly:
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: (855) 832-5226
• Visit: www.MySchoolBucks.com and click Help
If you have any questions with your MySchoolBucks account, or if you are moving out of the district and are eligible for a refund, please contact Daniela DiToma at firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-3833.
Charging for School Meals
On occasion, students may forget to bring meal money to school. To ensure that students do not go hungry, but to also promote responsible student behavior and minimize the fiscal burden on the district, the following guidelines apply:
- Only complete meals on the menu may be charged.
- No snacks may be charged.
This Board of Education policy applies to all paying students whether they are paying full-price or reduced price.