School Budget Vote 2022-23
2022-23 SCHOOL BUDGET & BOARD OF EDUCATION ELECTION VOTING RESULTS
Proposition 1: School Budget – Passed
Yes - 1484 No - 466
Thank you Pearl River for your continued support!
Board of Education Election (2 seats open)
Denise Caunitz - 1449 votes
Terrence Cortelli - 868 votes
Dan Robins - 349 votes
Nicole Lehoczky - 193 votes
Robert Wells - 371 votes
Kristen Sweeney - 521 votes
2022-23 School Budget Vote
2022-23 School Budget Vote
& Board of Education Election
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
All voting takes place at
Pearl River High School's Pirate Cove
275 East Central Avenue.
Pearl River School District has consolidated
to one polling place for all voters
at Pearl River High School's Pirate Cove.
This does not impact polling places for
2022-23 School Budget Vote & Board of Education Election - Key Dates
Overall 2022-23 School Budget Calendar
BOE Meeting Sessions
Tuesday, March 8, 2022 • 7:00 PM - Budget Workshop Component
Tuesday, March 22, 2022 • 7:00 PM - Budget Workshop on Administrative and Capital Components
Last Day for Candidates' Petitions - District Administration Building
April 18, 2021 by 5:00 PM
2022-23 School Budget Adoption by BOE
Tuesday, April 18, 2022 • 7:00 PM
2022-23 Rockland BOCES Election & Budget Vote
Tuesday, April 26, 2022 • 7:00 PM
2022-23 School Budget Hearing
Tuesday, May 3, 2022 • 7:00 PM
Board of Education (BOE) Candidates' Night - Pearl River High School Auditorium
Tuesday, May 10, 2022 • 7:00 PM
2022-23 School Budget Vote & BOE Election Results
May 17, 2022 • 9:15 PM (approximately)
School Board Election Information
There are two seats open for the Board of Education, currently held by Robert Davis and Bruce Bond. Both Mr. Davis and Mr. Bond have informed the District that they are not seeking re-election.
Six candidates are running for these two positions:
Dan Robins, Nicole Lehoczky, Robert Wells,
Kristen Sweeney, Denise Caunitz, & Terrence Cortelli
The term commences on July 1, 2022 and runs through June 30, 2025. *
Our Candidates’ Night program was held Tuesday, May 10th, moderated by the League of Women Voters. As a reminder, the BOE election will be held together with the Annual School Budget Vote on Tuesday, May 17, 2022.
* The candidate with the highest number of votes will begin his/her term immediately, filling the vacated seat currently held by Bruce Bond.
Voter Registration & Absentee Ballots
The last day to register to vote was Tuesday, May 10, 2022.
A qualified voter of the District may request in good faith an absentee ballot due to one of the following only:
- Absence from county on election day; or
- Temporary illness or physical disability (includes COVID-19 concerns for 2022); or
- Permanent illness or physical disability; or
- Duties related to primary care of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled; or
- Resident or patient of Veterans Health Administration Hospital; or
- Detention in jail/prison, awaiting trial, awaiting action by a grand jury, or in prison for conviction of a crime or offense which was not a felony
Registered voters unable to make it to the polls during polling hours, or have concerns over exposure to COVID-19, can request an absentee ballot from Mrs. Sandra Romano, District Clerk at 845-620-3924 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The application must be received by the District Clerk no later than 7 days before the election if the applicant requests the absentee ballot be mailed.
• The application may be personally delivered to the District Clerk no later than the day before the election between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM at which time an absentee ballot will be issued.
Absentee Ballots for the School Budget Vote & Board of Education Election must be received by 5:00 PM, Tuesday, May 17, 2022, via USPS mail or drop-off to:
PRSD Administration Building
135 West Crooked Hill Road
Pearl River, NY 10965
In the event that a resident voter does not feel that there is enough time to return ballots via USPS mail, sealed ballots can be dropped off at a contactless drop box located inside the main entrance of the Pearl River School District Administration Building at 135 West Crooked Hill Road on the following days:
Thursday, May 12th from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday, May 13th from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Monday, May 16th from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday, May 17th from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Absentee Ballot reminders:
- Please be sure to sign the oath on the back of the envelope; unsigned ballots cannot be counted;
- If there are multiple registered voters in the household, each ballot must be sent in its own oath envelope, with the oath signature of the corresponding pre-printed name on the front of the envelope. Envelopes containing multiple ballots cannot be counted;
- Ballots must be received by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, May 17th. Any ballots received after 5:00 PM, regardless of the USPS postal date, cannot be counted.
Any questions please contact District Clerk Sandra Romano at email@example.com or leave a message at 620-3924.