Universal Pre-K for 2022-23
Pearl River Union Free School District (“District”) is now accepting Universal Prekindergarten (“UPK”) applications for the 2022-23 school year.
Important information to know:
1. UPK is a special early childhood program funded by the New York State Education Department and contracted by the District to provide an early learning experience for the children of eligible families.
2. Programs are run by independent certified childcare providers and managed by the District.
3. Eligible families are those who live within the District's enrollment boundaries.
4. Eligible children must be four years old by December 1, 2022 (your child must have been born between December 1, 2017 and December 1, 2018).
5. There is a qualified teacher and teaching assistant in every class.
6. PRUFSD offers half day and full day UPK programs at no cost to families.
7. Students in a half day program attend five days a week, 2½ hours a day, for 180 days per year.
8. Students in a full day program attend five days a week, 5 hours a day, for 180 days per year.
9. If submitted applications are greater than the number of provider slots available, a lottery is held.
10. Each application is reviewed for proof of eligibility and residency.
11. Once your application is approved, the District will send you a Selection Form whereby you may select your top three choices from the list of Rockland County independent certified childcare providers.
12. The District will make every effort to place children according to parent choice.
13. Parents of selected students must participate in an in-person or virtual interview and complete the registration process.
Please complete the Universal Pre-K Application and mail with required documentation by April 1, 2022 to:
Pearl River UFSD
Attention: UPK Registration
135 West Crooked Hill Road
Pearl River, New York 10965
Application received and/or postmarked after April 1, 2022, will be placed on a waiting list.