Adult Enrichment Program
Adult Enrichment Program
Our enrichment program strives to provide members of our adult community with a variety of opportunities to engage in lifelong learning. We offer courses to encourage healthy lifestyles, increase skills, pursue passions, and meet new people in a friendly environment. We also offer trips to various theater productions; these events include transportation and lunches prior to the performance.
"Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching." - unknown
Adult Enrichment Program
Pearl River School District
135 West Crooked Hill Road
Pearl River, NY 1096
Monica Muthig, Secretarial Assistant
Fall 2023 Semester
Our Fall 2023 brochure has been mailed to Pearl River School District residents and is available online on this page. Classes start at the end of September. Two theater trips in October and November still have availability. Please see registration information below.
CLOSED CLASSES & TRIPS
- Pickleball #1
- Pickleball #2
- Retirement Survival
- Senior Fitness #2
- The Inside Scoop
- Trip - Kimberly Akimbo
- Trip - A Beautiful Noise
Fall 2023 Brochure
Online Registration Process
Registration is through the online system called "MySchoolBucks". MySchoolBucks provides an easier way to register for classes and adheres to the highest security standards. Payments for classes and trips can be made via credit card, debit card or electronic check. Mail-in registrations are not accepted.
Follow the directions below to start your registration through "MySchoolBucks":
You can contact MySchoolBucks directly:
You can also contact our Adult Enrichment office:
1. Email: email@example.com
2. Phone: 845-620-3921
Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
* NEW TO MYSCHOOLBUCKS? Follow the directions below from Step #1.
* HAVE AN EXISTING MYSCHOOLBUCKS ACCOUNT? Simply login & skip to Step #8 below.
- Go to myschoolbucks.com or download the app and register for a free account;
- Enter your email as your user ID and create a password. Passwords must have at least 8 characters, including one capital letter, one number and one special character;
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to activate your account;
- Add your name, address, contact information, and security questions to your profile;
- Click 'Ready to Get Started";
- School District information is State: NY then City: Pearl River (you need to scroll down to find these). If you are a non-resident, do not choose your own school district;
- Add a payment choice;
- You DO NOT need to "Add a Student" or join "OnePay"; if prompted, click the option to “Pay As You Go”. Just skip to the next step.
- On the Home screen, click the “School Store” tab at the top of the screen;
- Under "Categories", look for “Adult Enrichment - Fall 2023”;
- View all the classes and trips;
- Register for classes/trips by clicking the appropriate icon; icons are listed alphabetically. Simply click "Next" at the bottom of the screen to scroll to the next group of classes. IF A CLASS OR TRIP IN THE BROCHURE IS NOT LISTED ON THE SCREEN, IT MEANS IT IS SOLD OUT. If you'd like to be added to a waitlist, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering Another Person
You may register another person for a class or trip under your account, although you will get charged for that transaction. The individual will need to reimburse you directly. Just create a separate shopping cart item for each individual person attending a class; you can check out and pay altogether.
If you do not wish to be charged for that person’s class, they will need to create their own MySchoolBucks account.
Directions to Buildings
Refunds for Courses: All offerings are subject to cancellation for insufficient enrollment. Upon complete cancellation of a course by the district, a full refund will be credited within 3-5 business days to your payment choice. If an individual class is cancelled due to inclement weather, emergency closing, or instructor unavailability, we may make-up that one class.
For cancellations initiated by a registrant, tuition fees can refunded through "MySchoolBucks" only if the cancellation is made prior to the first class. Tuition fees, in whole or part, will not be refunded once the course has begun.
Refunds for Trips: Expenses are incurred in advance for many of our trips that will not be refunded by the venue. If we have a waiting list, or can substitute your attendance and not incur expenses to the district, your registration fees will be refunded less a $25 cancellation fee. If we cannot find a replacement for you, you will forfeit your entire registration fee - please do not sign up for a trip if you are not sure you can attend. In addition, please do not give your ticket to another individual without contacting our office first to see if we have a wait list.
Class & Theater Trip Waitlists
If you find a class or trip is sold-out when registering, you may be added to our waitlists by emailing the class/trip name, your name(s) and contact information to email@example.com. Waitlists are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. If we have any cancellations, we will reach out to you to register online.
New Instructors Sought
Pearl River School District continually seeks new instructors for our adult enrichment program. We are looking for experienced individuals with fresh ideas in a variety of areas. We offer a Fall and Spring semester each school year. The courses may consist of one or multiple sessions and last up-to 8 weeks in duration. Classes are held Monday - Thursday, after school and evenings; we have no weekend classes. Instructors are not permitted to use the classroom for personal gain or to solicit students as clients. If interested in applying for our next semester, please review our current brochure to ensure are not offering a similar class. You can complete a course proposal form and email, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to our office at the address above.
Click this link for access to the form: New Course Proposal Form