Welcome to Transportation
Transporting students to and from school safely every day is our top priority. The Pearl River School District Transportation Office ensures that buses meet all safety standards and that all drivers meet state and federal licensing and training requirements.
Calls to the Transportation Office should be returned and emails should be acknowledged within one business day. However, please keep in mind that the two weeks before and the two weeks after the start of school are our busiest time. Additional staff will be added to help address immediate concerns during this period. However, for non-emergencies, please use email. For student-to-student or student discipline issues, please contact your child’s school directly.
PRSD provides transportation to all eligible students residing within PRSD as follows:
Students Attending PRSD:
- Students attending our elementary schools who live .5 miles or farther from their assigned school.
- PRMS students who live .8 miles or farther from PRMS.
- PRHS Grade 8 students who live two (2) miles or farther from PRHS.
- PRHS Grade 9 -12 students who live three (3) miles farther from PRHS.
Out of District Placement Students:
All students assigned to schools outside of PRSD as per their Individualized Education Plan (IEP) will receive transportation to their assigned school through PRSD.
IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY AND YOU CANNOT REACH THE TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR BUS CONTRACTOR DIRECTLY:
- Chestnut Ridge Transportation
845-735-2200 ext. 1163
- Vel Coach 845-623-1332
- Rockland BOCES 845-627-4754