Designated Snow Days
Three (3) snow days are built into the
2022-23 school year. In the event that school is closed for inclement weather, school will be in session on these days in the following order:
Tuesday, May 30th
Monday, April 10th
Friday, May 26th
All of these days are potential school days; therefore, activities that would preclude your child(ren)'s attendance should not be scheduled before it has been determined that school will be closed.
School Closings & Emergencies
In the event of a school closing, an emergency, or a delayed opening, information will be available in these ways:
1. SchoolMessenger automated telephone, email and text messages (see info below).
2. Log on to the district website: www.pearlriver.org
3. Log on to www.cancellations.com & follow the directions on screen. Pearl River's zip code is 10965.
4. Tune into these radio stations: WHUD 100.7 FM
5. Tune into these TV channels: News12 or Fox 5 News
SchoolMessenger for Notifications
Pearl River School District uses the SchoolMessenger notification system to communicate important broadcasts such as school closings or other emergency situations by phone, email and text messages. PRSD also uses this system to send emails and texts pertaining to general district and school information and events.
Parents & Guardians:
Parents are automatically enrolled to receive phone calls and emails using their contact data in their eSD Parent Portal account. The majority of our communications are through email. Please login to your Parent Portal account to ensure all of your contact information is accurate. Please contact your child(ren)'s school(s) if you require any changes.
Emails: If you are not receiving emails from PRSD or your child's school:
(1) Your contact information may not current in your Parent Portal
(2) You may have inadvertently blocked yourself from receiving emails
Wireless carriers require verification that a parent has agreed (opt-in) to receive SMS (text) messages on their cell phone. SchoolMessenger will send a verification code to a parent's cell phone which they must reply with a 'Y'. If a parent does not reply, they will not receive text messages from Pearl River School District. If a parent is unsure if they have opted-in, they can text 'Y' to short code 67587.
(See the helpful flyer at right.)
If you have a question or issue regarding SchoolMessenger, such as not receiving emails, contact our Community Services Office at 845-620-3918 or email@example.com.
Community members can subscribe to receive email and text messages from the District by using the following link: https://asp.schoolmessenger.
These individuals must also reply 'Y' from their cell phone to SchoolMessenger's verification message in order to opt-in to receive texts. Please note, however, that most communication from PRSD is via email.
Notice for Microsoft @hotmail and @msn Subscribers: Individuals with these email accounts have reported not receiving emails from the Pearl River School District. Please designate that these emails are "safe" by logging into your Microsoft email account and updating your settings as follows:
* Log into Outlook/Hotmail/Live/MSN from a computer workstation
* Click the Settings button (gear icon) in the upper right-hand corner of the page
* In the Search Outlook settings bar, type in "safe" and then select safe senders and domains
* Click the Add button
* Type in <<@pearlriver.org>> into the Add field and then press Enter
* Click the Add button
* Type in accounts.schoolmessenger.com into the Add field and then press Enter
* Click the Save button in the upper right-hand corner of this window
* Click the Close (X) button in the upper right-hand corner of this window
If you have any questions about these directions, please contact Microsoft customer support.
Parents & Guardians: Opt-In to Receive PRSD Text Messages!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Formal conference days are held in November. Additionally, conferences may be held with an individual teacher, counselor, or groups of staff when appropriate, and may be requested by parents or school faculty. Parents of middle school students may request a teacher team conference through the guidance office.
The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act grants parents of students under 18 or eligible students (18 years or older) the right to review all official records, files, and data incorporated into a student's cumulative record folder. Students' records are confidential and will not be made available to persons other than parents or students without prior written consent except as permitted by law. These persons may request a hearing to challenge the contents of such records. Direct questions about this to the building principal.
Substance Abuse Hotline
The Town of Orangetown offers a Substance Abuse Hotline to report concerns about underage use of alcohol and drugs anonymously.
Call 1 (800) 838-DARE (3273)