Pearl River School District Awards
Pearl River School District: Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recognizes U.S. organizations in the business, health care, education and nonprofit sectors for performance excellence. The Baldrige Award is the only formal recognition of the performance excellence of both public and private U.S. organizations given by the President of the United States. It is administered by the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, which is based at and managed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), an agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce. Pearl River School District was one of the first three winners ever in the education field.
Franklin Avenue Elementary School & Pearl River Middle School: National Blue Ribbon for Academic Excellence
The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes public and private elementary, middle and high schools based on their overall academic excellence or their progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups. Every year the U. S. Department of Education seeks out and celebrates great American schools, demonstrating that all students can achieve toward high levels. More than 9,000 schools across the country have been presented with this coveted award since 1982. The National Blue Ribbon School award affirms the hard work of students, educators, families and communities in creating safe and welcoming schools where students master challenging content. The National Blue Ribbon School flag gracing an entry or flying overhead is a widely recognized symbol of exemplary teaching and learning.
Pearl River High School: U. S. News & World Report Best High School
In the April 2021 U.S. News & World Report, Pearl River High School ranked #1195 nationally out of 17,857 high schools, with a score of 93.31, and ranked #115 out of 1,266 NYS high schools, the 2nd highest ranking in Rockland County.
In the April 2020 U.S. News & World Report, Pearl River High School ranked #950 nationally out of 17,792 high schools, with a score of 94.66, and ranked #87 out of 1,217 NYS high schools, the highest ranking in Rockland County.
In the April 2019 U.S. News & World Report, Pearl River High School ranked #1,263 nationally out of 17,245 high schools, with a score of 92.68, and ranked #107 out of 1,204 NYS high schools, the highest ranking in Rockland County.
U.S News & World Report Best High Schools' Silver Medal Award 2015 - 2018
NYS Rewards School for High Student Performance 2014 & 2015
U.S. News & World Report Gold Medal Ranking 2012
Highlights of the PRHS Class of 2021:
- 98% Earned a Regents Diploma
- 78% earned an Advanced Regents diploma
- 95% of special education students attained Regents/ Advanced Regents Diplomas
- 96% continued on to college, university, or technical school
- 85.5% attending four-year colleges
- 14% attending two-year colleges
- .5% entering the military
- 143* advanced placement (AP) exams were taken by PRHS students in 12 subjects with 93% scoring a "3"or higher
- SATs: 70%* of seniors took the SAT exam
(combined test scoring is 400 - 1600):
- Mean Total Score 1215
- Mean Math 606
- Evidence Based Reading & Writing 609
- ACTs: 15%* of seniors took the ACT exam
(test scoring is 1-36, with the exception of Writing being 2-12):
- Composite Score 27.3
- Mean Math 27.0
- Mean Critical Reading 28.3
- Mean Critical Writing 1.6
- AP Scholars: 18 ; with Honors: 21; with Distinction: 14
- Five students earned the NYS Seal of Biliteracy
- Two* seniors were named Journal News Scholar Athletes of the Week
- 17 out of 19 varsity teams* were named NYS Scholar Athlete Teams
* Count is lower than previous years due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
NYS School Report Card
Click on the following link to access comprehensive data about the district: