Athletic News 1/21/20
- Congratulations to girls basketball player Corinne Miedreich who was named Rockland Scholar Athlete of the Week last week. Corinne has been the scoring leader for the Pirates who have a 9-4 record to date. The team will host Walter Panas HS this Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Varsity Boys Basketball continues its winning ways, raising their record to 10-2 on the season. Last week, the team defeated Albertus Magnus in the Dan Sullivan Classic last week as Matt Daly was named MVP of the game. The team also participated in the Two Counties/One Cause fight against cancer event at Tappan Zee, defeating Mamaroneck as Jack Michaelson was named MVP of the game. The team will host Suffern HS this Friday at 5 p.m.
- The Varsity Ice Hockey team defeated Mt. Pleasant yesterday 7-3 to raise their record to 11-3. The team will host two games this week: Horace Greeley on Friday at 9:15 p.m. and Rye on Saturday at 8:00 p.m. which will be Senior Recognition Night.
- On Saturday, January 12th, both the Girls and Boys Winter Track teams won the League Championship. The boys had 7 athletes place first, while the girls had 4. This past weekend saw Ciara Durcan win the 1500 meter race walk again, this time at the New Balance Games. This Sunday, January 26th, the teams will compete in the Rockland County Championships.
- The Varsity Cheer team won their opening event of the season as they took home first place in the John Jay East Fishkill Invitational on Sunday, January 19th.
Let’s Go Pirates!