Registration for 2024-25 UPK and Kindergarten
Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK)
Pearl River School District's registration for 2024-25 Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) is now open.
- Early childhood programs with qualified teachers at local preschools;
- Pearl River School District families with children who will turn age 4 by December 1, 2024 are eligible to apply for the 2024-25 school year;
- Children in a half day program attend 2 ½ hours per day, Monday - Friday, during the school year (180 days);
- Children in a full day program attend 5 hours per day, Monday - Friday, during the school year (180 days);
- No cost for families.
To learn more about UPK, attend a Rockland BOCES information session on January 22nd or January 24th - see their informational flyer for details.
To register your child for UPK, complete the PRSD UPK Application for 2024-25 (Solicitud universal de prekínder 2024-25) and mail it, along with copies of the required documents listed on the application, to:
Pearl River UFSD, Attention: UPK Registration, 135 West Crooked Hill Road, Pearl River, NY 10965.
Email any questions to: UPK@pearlriver.org
Kindergarten Registration for 2024-25
Pearl River School District's online registration for 2024-25 Kindergarten is now open.
- Full day, Monday - Friday, during the school year (180 days);
- Pearl River School District families with children who will turn age 5 on or before December 1, 2024 are eligible to apply for the 2024-25 school year;
- Out-of-district students are not eligible.
In addition, please mark your calendars for the kindergarten screenings and in-person information session for parents as follows:
- Screenings (with your child): February 28th, March 1st, March 5th, and March 6th at the District Administration Building.
- In-Person Parent Information Session: June 5th, 6:00 PM at Franklin Avenue Elementary School.
Details regarding scheduling a screening appointment, as well as the information session, will follow at a later date.
To begin the 2024-25 Kindergarten Registration process, please follow the steps below:
Online Registration Process
Please read each step of the registration process before beginning to ensure that all steps are completed. After Step One, you will need to return to this webpage to ensure you have all the required documentation to send in to the Registration Office. Any in-person registration meetings require an appointment - please call 845-620-3913 to make one.
Exception: If your child has already been registered for CPSE Services, you should not fill out an online application. Instead, please call our office at 845-620-3913 to discuss the procedure for registering your child without an online application.
STEP ONE: FILL OUT AN ONLINE REGISTRATION APPLICATION FOR YOUR CHILD(REN) USING THE APPROPRIATE LINK BELOW:
Registration for Families with a Parent Portal Account
If you have a child currently enrolled in Pearl River School District and have a Parent Portal login, please click on the link below. When you get to the login screen, enter in your parent portal login information. Once logged in, click "Register New Student".
If you have any questions about your portal account, please call the Office of Curriculum & Instruction at 620-3913.
Registration for Families with NO Parent Portal Account
If you are new to Pearl River School District and you do not have a Parent Portal login, please click the link below to complete the online registration paperwork.
If you have any questions about the registration paperwork, please call the Office of Curriculum & Instruction at 620-3913.
STEP TWO: DISTRICT FORMS REQUIRED
Upon successful completion of the online registration process in Step One above, you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been submitted. That email will also include links to district forms that must to be completed and mailed/scanned to our Registration Office.
If you do not see a confirmation email, please check your spam folder first. If the email is not in your spam folder, you may reach out to Annette Leone either via telephone at 845-620-3913 or via email at email@example.com.
STEP THREE: Submitting Documentation
In addition to the district forms completed, the following documentation should be emailed or scanned to our Registration Office:
1. Birth Certificate, Passport, or other official documentation providing proof of birth
2. Health Examination Form. In accordance with New York State regulations, student physical examinations are required for all students entering
Pearl River School District. Please submit the most current examination form completed by your child's physician:
Required NYS School Health Examination Form. Per NYS, this is the only health examination form that can be accepted by the district.
3. Immunization record. Please review the NYS Health Department's immunization requirements for all students:
NYS Current Immunization Requirements
Please submit the most current physical and list of immunizations, even if your child(ren) will be due for an examination and/or immunizations
after your screening appointment later this school year. Updated paperwork should be sent, if applicable.
4. TWO proofs of residency within the Pearl River School District:
1. For Homeowners: a current property tax bill, mortgage statement, or deed; For Renters: a fully executed lease.
2. Current utility bill, cable bill, tax statement, or bank statement
5. Parent/Legal Guardian’s Driver’s License or other government-issued identification.
6. Custody Papers. Original custody papers are necessary in cases of divorce or re-marriage. If you are not the parent/legal guardian of a child you wish to register, we will require valid custody papers with all necessary information.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 'Kindergarten Registration' in the subject line.
Fax #: 845-920-0494 Please include 'Kindergarten Registration' on the cover sheet.
If you do not have an email or access to a fax machine, all required documentation can also be mailed to our Registration Office at the address below.
Please do not drop off any paperwork.
PRSD Registration Office
135 W. Crooked Hill Rd.
Pearl River, NY 10965
1. How can I confirm I live within Pearl River School District?
Pearl River School District boundaries include most of Pearl River and portions of Nanuet, Orangeburg, West Nyack, and Tappan. Please click the following link to review the streets included within this boundary: Pearl River School District Boundaries. Please note that out-of-district residents are not accepted on a tuition basis.
2. What if I have a change of address?
Changes in address for enrolled students must be reported with documentation to the building administrator within five (5) business days of the change of address. Residency determination may be reviewed at any time by the Board of Education designated residency officer.
3. What if my pre-school child is currently receiving services (CPSE) or is a pre-registered Kindergartener?
If your child has already been registered for CPSE Services, Universal Pre-K, or was registered for kindergarten last year but did not attend, you should not fill out an online application. Instead, please call Mrs. Leone at 845-620-3913 to discuss the procedure for registering your child without an online application.
4. When will I find out my child's elementary building assignment?
In order to plan and provide for all new students, it is especially important that the district identify all children expected to enroll in September. Pearl River's three elementary schools - Evans Park, Franklin Avenue, and Lincoln Avenue - accommodate students in grades kindergarten through four. Enrollment is assigned across all three schools. While geographic boundaries serve as a general guideline, school assignment will depend on class size and special education and ENL programming. Families will be notified regarding building assignment in the summer.